March 5, 2013

Are you up for a little challenge?

I am! I have been looking for a little motivation to get me going full speed again, as I definitely slacked a bit lot in February.

But I have some things coming up that I want to be in awesome shape for, and so I am refocusing my energies this week and picturing how I want to look and feel.

Asking my friends and family for a little competition sounds like something that will help motivate all of us.



The writer of a a blog that I follow called Mama Laughlin (who is AWESOME, and you should be reading her posts too) has been focusing on getting her arms to look like Jillian Michaels' arms by summer. And that is something I would LOVE to accomplish as well. The Jillian Arms by Summer Challenge :)

So here's the challenge:

For the next month, commit to working out for at least 30 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week.

I am going to post my starting measurements below. I don't really like measuring my progress in pounds, because my weight can fluctuate, but the way my clothes fit tells the real story. So I measure inches, and that is how I celebrate my losses.

My Workouts:

I rotate through various Jillian Michaels DVD's. Each workout is between 28 - 40 minutes, and for almost all of them all you need is a set of hand weights. Today I did Shred With Weights, which does use a kettlebell, but you can also use hand weights.

The other ones I use are:

Ripped in 30
Six Weeks to a Six Pack
Killer Buns & Thighs

I just got No More Trouble Zones, but this one is almost an hour so I don't know how often I will rotate it in. I like that I only have to do this for 40 minutes or less, and I see AMAZING results. You just have to commit to trying to do the whole thing. There is always a beginner move for each circuit, and even if that's what you need to do, don't stop moving.

What Can You Do?
ANYTHING!! You can get where you want to go, you just have to start.

I suggest starting with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. All three levels are on YouTube, and you don't have to buy anything. You WILL see results if you do this workout 5 days a week for 30 Days. Do each level for a week, and take your measurements after two weeks.

Also - Pinterest is amazing when it comes to ideas on workouts, and especially at home workouts. Find things you can commit to for 30 minutes a day. I will be sweating right along side you in spirit and support!!

In regards to my diet:
I don't eat fast food.
I don't drink regular pop.
I try to eat as well as I can, and I definitely watch portion control.
I use My Fitness Pal to track my calories every day, and I try to stay under 1400. My user name is lmpringle if you want to friend me on there.

I also have meals where I eat whatever I want. This is important. Do not psyche yourself into thinking you want everything because you've told yourself you can't have anything. If I want something that I shouldn't eat, I wait two days. If I still want it, I eat it.

Oh, and also - you do HAVE to eat. Your body will not lose weight if you deprive it of energy and fuel. Find things you like, and eat them!!

So here are my current measurements (in inches):

Waist: 31
Hips: 38.5
Right thigh: 21
Left thigh: 21
Right arm: 11
Left arm: 11
And just for fun, and because I can...haha ;)
Bust: 39

My weight today was 162.2. So not happy with that, but.....I know what I've been eating the last few days, and I'm not surprised by it.

So this week:

Monday: 1.5 mile walk
Tuesday: Shred with Weights (Level 2)
Wednesday: Six Week to a Six Pack (Level 2)
Thursday: Rest Day
Friday: Shred with Weights (Level 1)
Saturday: Killer Buns & Thighs (Level 2)
Sunday: Rest Day

I also walk with my coworkers at lunch time. Not sure how far we walk in distance each day, but I will track that starting tomorrow.

I am also going to try and drink a gallon of water a day. I doubt I will get there each day, but I'm going to try. It's getting warmer and I need to hydrate to keep up with all the cardio I'll be doing :)

That's my plan for the week.

Now, who's with me?! You don't have to post your measurements or weight, but I do encourage you to at least write them down for yourself. For me, that has been the fastest way to see real results, and that's why I do it.

What I Want in the Next 30 Days:

I want to lose at least 10lbs.
I want to lose at least 1 inch from my waist.
I want to lose at least a half inch from each of my thighs, and each of my arms.

I will commit to blogging at least three times a week and keep you updated on my progress, and I REALLY want to hear about yours.

So - are you in?!

No comments:

Post a Comment