November 26, 2012

What day is it again?

So technically it's day 23. But due to me being sick, and then Colton being sick, and then Thanksgiving.... Today was workout 12 ;)

I have switched to the Level Two workout. I love it!! It is a lot of core work, doing different plank moves, and a lot of lunges. Usually I hate lunges, and I am certainly not loving these. However, I took my measurements again today, and suddenly I'm feeling a lot more affection for them.

Here is where I am after 12 workouts over 23 days:

Waist - 34.75 (-1.75 inch loss)
Hips - 40.75 (-1 inch loss)
Left Arm - 12 (-.5 inch loss)
Right Arm - 12 (-.5 inch loss)
Left thigh - 23.5 (-1 inch loss)
Right thigh - 23.5 (-1 inch loss)

That's a total of 5.75 inches lost. Which may not seem like all that much, but the 'where' is what is important. I have lost almost 2 inches off my waist!!! That is amazing!!!

I really needed that kind of motivation today.

I saw this picture yesterday, and I loved it. I have it as the background for my phone now, just to give a reminder of what I'm doing.




I have had some rough days in the last two weeks. I have had to remind myself that I am doing this for ME, and that no matter what else happens in my day or week...or life - my weight loss goals are about how I feel about me. No one else can lose the weight. No one else can do the work for me. No one else can make this happen except me.

And at the end of every day, I'm the one who has to look in the mirror and know whether I did my best or not. Things are going to happen that I have no control over. But did I commit 100% to everything I do have control over?

If I did, then to hell with everything else. Cause when it's all said and done, I'll be wherever it is I am meant to be. And at least I'll feel good about me.


No comments:

Post a Comment